To all Members in good standing of the Non-Partisan Association (“the NPA”)
Please be advised that the Board of Directors of the NPA will be holding a Special General Meeting on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 5:00 pm at the Hillcrest Community Centre – 4575 Clancy Loranger Way, Vancouver, B.C.
This meeting is for the purpose of the Membership to vote YES or NO to approve the changes the Board has voted to make to update and bring current our Constitution and By-laws. Some of the changes are:
1. Dropping the word “Civic” from the name “Civic Non-Partisan Association”
2. Adding the words “federal or provincial” to the sentence: “To oppose the introduction of federal or provincial party politics into the elected boards of the City of Vancouver”
3. Correcting the numbering of the Constitution and Bylaws.
4. Amending the Constitution and Bylaws to clarify certain sections such as the maximum number of directors and the number of Directors who can be appointed by the Board to fill vacancies;
5. Rectifying ambiguities and inconsistencies in various notice requirements in the Constitution and Bylaws;
6. Updating the Constitution and Bylaws for certain historical changes, such as changing “Alderman” to “Councillor”.
7. Changing the Young NPA to the NPA under 40 Committee.
You will see all changes below along with the final draft of the new Constitution and By-Laws and the Notice of the SGM in pdf form.
At this meeting, your Board will also provide you with a brief, general update on what your Board of Directors has been working on to get ready for 2014. It has all been very positive and the Board is pleased with the direction the NPA is taking in preparation for success in 2014!
Should you have any questions please email our Administrator, Natasha Westover at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 778-837-8084.
The NPA Board of Directors looks forward to seeing you.
Peter R. B. Armstrong
NPA Board President 2012-2013
Notice of SGM
Proposed Constitution and Bylaws