CHRIS QIU School Board Candidate
Chris Qiu has over 15 years of professional experience working as a Legal Analyst, Accountant, and Commercial Insurance Claims Assistant in one of the world’s largest commercial insurance brokerage firms. She is vice-chair of Sir Winston Churchill PAC and a dedicated mother of three children – one at high school and two at elementary school.
Chris has a passion to serve the community and has done so with various charity organizations: as an enthusiastic volunteer, and then scout leader, at Scouts Canada; as a volunteer for the Canadian Cancer Society (since 2011); and as an Area Captain for the Cancer Society’s door-to-door fundraising campaign in 2018.
Chris holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree from Tsinghua University (Beijing) and a Master of Laws Degree from McGill University. She lives in the Marpole community with her husband and three children and believes children deserve the best education and educational opportunities possible.
Chris’s priorities as a VSB school trustee include:
- Strengthening education by expanding math, language, art, and Reading Recovery literacy programs.
- Providing safe school campuses by expediting capital construction and seismic safety upgrades.
- Providing early identification of, and continued assistance to, learners with special needs.
- Providing community support for before and after-school care and enrichment programs.
- Ensuring good governance and a balanced budget to ensure that education funding is allocated and spent wisely.