NPA Vancouver releases first video of the 2018 civic election campaign
July 28, 2018, Vancouver, B.C. – NPA Vancouver has released its first video of the 2018 civic election campaign.
The video is called “Ken Sim in 60 Seconds.” It’s fun, but it carries an important message – that Vancouver needs a Mayor who can actually get things done. And with NPA Mayoral Candidate Ken Sim’s record as a proven team builder, including as co-founder of home-grown Vancouver businesses Nurse Next Door and Rosemary Rocksalt Bagels, he is the right person for the job.
“I’m running for Mayor because my family, my friends, people that I work with, people that I mentor – they’re leaving Vancouver in droves, and I want them to stay,” said Sim. “There are a lot of people running for Mayor that have a lot of ideas. And I’m a believer that ideas are easy, execution is hard. Vancouver needs a Mayor who can actually get things done. Things can get better.”
In addition to Ken Sim, the NPA candidates who have already been announced to run under the NPA banner in 2018 are:
- Fraser Ballantyne: seeking re-election to the School Board
- John Coupar: seeking re-election to the Park Board
- Casey Crawford: seeking re-election to the Park Board
- Melissa De Genova: seeking re-election to City Council
- Lisa Dominato: currently on the School Board and intending to seek a seat on City Council
- Sarah Kirby-Yung: currently on the Park Board and seeking a seat on City Council
NPA City Councillor George Affleck announced earlier this year that he would not be seeking re-election in 2018, while NPA City Councillor Elizabeth Ball has yet to decide what her future plans are.
An announcement of the additional candidates who will join the NPA incumbents on the NPA’s 2018 candidate team could come as early as this week.
Media please email firstname.lastname@example.org